Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Focus On The "Why"

I've struggled through college, started a small freelance business and resolved many personal toils regarding purpose and direction all with focusing on what. In fact I frequently hear my classmates and contemporaries talk about not knowing what they want to do.

The inherent problem with this way of thinking is that it dodges the heart of the matter. What we do is far less important than why we do it. What we do changes and evolves over time. On the other hand, the why of our daily routines penetrates the core of our beliefs and true purpose.

Simply put: Clarity of why helps bring clarity of what. Consistency in why helps bring consistency in what.

Why
I’m writing this post is because I want more people to understand their abilities. I want my friends who are full of potential energy to burst with kinetic energy. I want more people to take note of what truly moves and inspires them and I want people to act with intent, purpose, and clarity of why in everything they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment