Monday, February 20, 2012

Do You Have A Calling?

When it comes to fulfillment in relation to work, many agree that there are three broad categories. We typically view work as a job, a career or a calling and it's easy to confuse these categories as we navigate from college to career. Here's my take:

  • You work a job for the money. You watch the clock and dream about the weekend.
  • You carefully prepare for a career with high goals seeking promotion, prestige and sometimes status.
  • You passionately follow your callings and continually stoke the fire within. You work because it is meaningful and intrinsically fulfilling.

What kind of work do you want to do?

I continually refine my goals in light of my calling and position myself to freely pursue that which is most meaningful to me. Currently life is in transition, but this doesn't keep me from practicing wise habits.

The best advice I can give is to know your purpose, know your calling and make decisions that move you towards your desired reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment