Now is the perfect time to attack some of the simple mechanics of a job search. You have a week free of lectures, student organization meetings and school requirements. Why not take the opportunity to break apart from the pack?
Here are five things to do instead of wasting away your break:
- Update your resume and develop the working structure of a cover letter.
- Reach out to local industry experts and set the stage for a low-risk experiment.
- Develop a professional online presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Conduct a few informational and interviews and refine your sweet spot.
- Send a Thank You note to everyone who has helped you get to where you are today.
There you go! Five simple steps that could have huge payoffs at a later date. They wont occupy your entire break and you'll be that much closer to your desired results.
Enjoy your break!